Rotherham Equipment and Wheelchair Service (REWS) is a joint integrated NHS and Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council (RMBC) service dedicated to the provision of equipment to meet a health or social care need for people living in Rotherham following an assessment by a suitably qualified professional.
The Rotherham Equipment and Wheelchair Service is dedicated to providing technical expertise, and support to ensure NHS Wheelchairs meet the client requirements, and in ensuring they are in a safe and serviceable condition.
All elements of wheelchair repair, maintenance, and modification are now undertaken ‘in house’ by the REWS service, based at Chesterton Rd, Eastwood, Rotherham, S65 1SU.
The service will now be responsible for all aspects of the NHS Wheelchair and NHS/RMBC Community Equipment provision, with the following dedicated telephone numbers on which to contact the REWS Wheelchair service.
Please call 01709 302262 / 302272 (general wheelchair enquiries) to report a fault/breakdown or arrange a clinic appointment.
To report an emergency fault/breakdown, out of normal working hours, call the Care Coordination Centre on 01709 426600.
Services we provide
- NHS/RMBC health and social care equipment loan service
- NHS Wheelchair assessment service
- NHS Wheelchair equipment service
- NHS/RMBC Equipment Delivery and Installation service
- NHS/RMBC Equipment Collection service
- NHS/RMBC Equipment Maintenance and Repair service
- NHS/RMBC Equipment Decontamination service
Please ask your GP for more information.